Online tools to manage your Research Outputs
- If you want to help me out I would love to have some more input. It will also allow me to demonstrate how crowd sourcing can be used to develop a research paper the wiki way. (dont be afraid!!)
- I am hopeful that I will deliver a paper based on this page to Conferences in 2012
- Note if we want to encourage the creation of OE Research we must have papers cited. So if you do use this for your research could you add a link to your paper on the page, and/or cite either this article or the CITRENZ paper.
- Please use -~~~~ if you add comments so I can track the effectiveness of using WikiResearcher
visitors (that's you)
As mentioned earlier, many people seem to be visiting this page. I would really like to get some idea of who is looking and why (hopefully this will lead to another paper!). If you could I would love you to add your user id (use -~~~~ ) with a brief comment. I have put one example to get you started)
If you have an Open Access account you can use it to login to WikiResearcher. If you are a wikieducator user you can link your wikiresearcher page to your wikieducator one.
More and more as researchers we are being asked to record our research. In New Zealand we have the Performance Based Research Fund (PBRF) which is a Government contestable research fund for Tertiary Institutes.
Some Online systems for Managing your research
- Portfolio systems
- General systems
- Thomson Reuters ResearcherID
- Google Scholar Citations A free service Opened up to all scholars on 16 November, 2011 opened up to all scholars. Spiders the web to aggregate your research outputs.
- academia.edu free social networking website and collaboration tool aimed at academics and researchers from all fields. Launched in September 2008, it became one of the largest social networking sites for academics in 2010. It has been called a "Geni-portal for researchers" 
- VIVO_%28network%29 VIVO
- IT Related Systems
- ACM Members
- IEEE Members?
- Collaboration research tools
- Google docs
Finding your Citations
- Google Scholar. If you use your name your outputs will be listed with links to citations.
Notes on systems
ACM Digital Library
As a member of ACM you have access to a MyAuthor page.
- Author-izer service: Allows you to have a link on a site you specify to documents in the digital library. Users can download your research directly.
- Searches the ACM Digital Library and lists your research with bibliometrics (downloads, citations)
- Must be a member of ACM. Assume the list is deleted once you are no longer a member.
|Google Scholar Citation||Open||?||N/A||Y|
Some basic analytics to see who visits this page
In order to help me track visitors I have added a Clustrmap
2011: Dec 16 (56)